- This event has passed.
Family Game Night
Appropriate Ages: All
Materials Needed: Various Board Games
Have a family game night (or day) and reinforce math concepts and problem solving all at the same time. Below is a list of board games that your child will love.
- Skip Bo- problem solving, number recognition, sequencing (K-5)-
- Phase 10- patterns, number recognition, sequencing (K-5)
- Monopoly (3-5) and Monopoly Jr.(K-5)- adding/subtracting, problem solving, personal financial literacy
- Quarto- attributes and strategy (K-5) -2 player
- Blokus-patterns and strategy(K-5)
- Yahtzee-probability, counting, addition, reasoning, and strategy skills (K-5)
- Farkle – adding larger numbers, number sense, mental math (2-5)
- Rummikub- patterns, number recognition, sequencing (K-5)
- Uno-patterns, number recognition, sequencing (K-5)
Also, check out these websites for more game ideas:
These are just a few games that highlight math concepts but there are many more. Have Fun!